Facial verification Technology refers to using digital systems for verifying the identity of individuals by considering their facial features. The facial verification industry is a growing one and is attracting massive attention and profits from all kinds of businesses. While the academic research industry is focused on building improved systems for facial verification, the corporate or industry sector is also active in trying to find better systems that can help them improve profitability.
Such constant efforts towards a better working environment are making facial verification systems a technology with growing widespread applications. Today, facial verification technology is creating revolutionary waves in all kinds of industries.
Facial Verification For The Retail Industry
Online retail stores today are extremely data-rich, however, for physical or brick-and-mortar retail stores collecting consumer data is very difficult. By traditional methods, at most, what we can collect is an estimate of foot traffic. Facial verification solutions allow retailers to collect large amounts of data with great ease. For example, stores can:
- Calculate foot traffic
- Calculate the average time of shoppers in the store
- Identify peak hours and other insights such as how long a customer stares at a product
- Understanding customer mood and behavior
- Limiting access to black-listed individuals
- Improve self-checkout systems
- Identify regular customers and award them with benefits such as discounts
Improving The Hotel Industry
The hotel industry attracts hundreds of thousands of customers every year and is producing substantial yearly profits. In 2023, the industry was valued at about USD 1.21 bn. However, in spite of such numbers, the industry is still working on age-old systems and processes.
Today, the hospitality industry is in dire need of improved systems based on smart computer technologies. Facial verification allows hotels to set upset systems that can help them:
- Set up facial verification for new customers. This can help with the KYC authentication process and help businesses comply better.
- Faster sign-up processes
- Cost-effectiveness by requiring fewer employees. For example, hotels can collect facial data of customers when they sign up remotely. Later, when these customers have to enter the building they can simply scan their face IDs and enter without requiring extra employees to guide them.
- Introduce keyless entry into hotel rooms
Finding your perfect buyers
The marketing industry has one of the largest scopes for facial verification technology. This is due to the fact that face verification systems allow businesses to execute highly targeted marketing. While niching down during marketing may seem like a bad idea to most people due to its general-ness, this method is one of the best ones for better marketing and improved profits. Through targeted marketing, businesses can:
- Introduce ads that are more refined and have a greater likelihood of appealing to the chimp brain regions of customers
- Get the attention economy and do better in an era where everyone is trying to grab users’ attention.
Security and surveillance through facial verification systems
Since facial verification technology is just another method commonly used for identity verification, it is essential for us to talk about the security applications of the technology. The security industry is huge and criminal minds are actively employing the latest technological systems to carry out their malpractices. This makes it important for cybersecurity and real-life securities entrepreneur systems to improve the services to.
Besides having applications for security businesses, facial verification can also help greatly with individual security systems. For example, while businesses may use it for safety and security at main entrances and other restricted areas, for individuals’ facial verification technology is very important for protection of their personal phone data. Moreover, home CCTV cameras integrated with face scanning systems can also be of great help when it comes to efficient security services.
Securing and improving the corporate sector
While already being used by many within the corporate sector, face recognition services still have a lot of potential at changing the corporate sector. Within this sector, it is very important to keep an eye on all individuals i.e., when they come, when they leave, and the way they are working.
Through facial verification systems, the corporate sector can benefit in the following ways:
- Utilization of face liveness detection services to ensure access of authorized individuals only in specialized meetings.
- Easy and smart management systems for employee attendance calculations
- Know Your Customer or KYC face verification can help the corporate sector identify better with the laws. The same goes for employees as well.
To sum up
Facial verification technology is one of the most disruptive and trendsetting technologies of today. This is the same as moving from simple signatures or thumbprints to biometric fingerprint scanning. Through digital facial verification systems, businesses can feel more at ease while dealing with their clients and customers.
From retail to the security industry, facial verification can change the industry landmark of today. This makes it very important for businesses to be updated about facial recognition software companies and services to ensure that they are effectively utilizing the best ones.